Thursday, September 9, 2010

Time for a cool change ...

Today is one of those weather days ... I can almost feel a change in the air. The sun is shining, the sky is blue ... the temperature is cool, and there's a lovely breeze.

Just like the weather, I'm getting ready for a cool change ...

For the past few years I've worked hard to establish a presence on eBay. I've opened a shop on Ruby Lane, and joined their new venture, Ruby Plaza, as a Flagship store. Each one of those undertakings brought a new level of excitement, new interests, new friends, and new ideas.

The climate has changed on eBay. I've been buying/selling/trading on eBay for years. I don't know when my first purchase was, but it was at least 10 years ago. Selling, probably just as long. In the beginning it was fun, friendly, and a great place to see and be seen. In the past 2-3 years, the changes that have come our way as sellers on eBay have made it an uncomfortable place to be a shopowner. The fun is gone. The excitement is gone. The thrill of the auction is disappearing. It's being replaced with mass quantities of mass produced imported merchandise. It's no longer the place to go to replace Aunt Bertha's broken teacup. Or to find that doll you had when you were 12 and wish you could find again.

So, I either have to roll with eBay's imposed changes ... or make some changes for myself.

I'm choosing to make the changes for myself.
With change always comes a bit of fear.
Just as we scan the sky in stormy weather, looking for the ominous clouds ... the approaching rain ... the first bolt of lightning ...
I'm scanning the skies of change with an eye on the horizon ...

What's coming my way ???
Come with me and find out !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment